Editor’s note: This is TPG’s permanent page with all currently available airline shopping portal promotions, so you can bookmark it and check back regularly for updates.
Shopping portal bonuses are a great way to earn more rewards online.
These offers come and go, and often require that you spend a specific amount of money in a set amount of time to earn bonus points or miles.
Right now, one major shopping portal offers up to 1,500 bonus points — let’s take a closer look.
Southwest Rapid Rewards Shopping
- Dates: Feb. 22 to March 8.
- Offer: Spend $100 and get 500 bonus points; spend $300-plus and get 1,000 bonus points.
You’ll earn the first 500 points when you spend at least $100 in combined purchases through the Southwest Rapid Rewards Shopping portal by March 8. Then, you can earn another 1,000 points when you spend at least $300 by the same date. Meeting both spending thresholds will give you 1,500 Rapid Rewards points, worth $22.50 per TPG’s valuations.
Related: The ultimate guide to Southwest Rapid Rewards
Use the right credit card
It’s important to use the right credit card when making online purchases, so pay close attention to any bonus categories that might apply to the merchant at which you’re shopping.
If there’s no additional bonus or discount potential, make sure you use a credit card that earns more than 1 point per dollar spent on all purchases. Great options include:
- Citi® Double Cash Card: Earn 2 ThankYou points per dollar spent on everyday purchases (1 point when you buy and 1 point as you pay).
- Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card: Earn 2 Capital One miles per dollar spent on everyday purchases.
- Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card: Earn 2 Capital One miles per dollar spent on everyday purchases.
- The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express: Earn 2 Membership Rewards points per dollar spent, on up to $50,000 per calendar year (then 1 point per dollar).
You can check out our guide to the best credit cards for everyday spending to see which cards will maximize your returns on online purchases.
Related: The best credit cards for online shopping
Additional reporting by Benji Stawski, Katie Genter, Sean Cudahy and Ryan Smith.